Friday, September 14, 2012

Album Review- Hot Cakes by The Darkness

I wanted to like this album, I really did. I've enjoyed hours (and hours) of listening to the first two Darkness albums. They are delightfully cheezy, while managing to rock at the same time.
This album promised the return of Frank the bassist. So now they lineup was the complete timeline of Freddy Mercury look-alikes. 
While this album wasn't bad, it just wasn't memorable. I can't even remember any particular song to write about now. " I believe in a thing called love" is a memorable song, it gets stuck in your head just like the tentacled space monster in the music video. That success from the first album was not replicated in the third.
The lead singer now has a terrifying arrangement of facial hair designed to look like either the devil, or Don Quixote. I didn't think it was possible, but you can hear this through the music.
Sorry guys, but the party's over. I'm turning down the music. It's time for you all to go home.

No comments:

Post a Comment