Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Cute or Creepy?

Cute or Creepy?
I'm not usually one to make my merchandising decisions based on trends. For this reason, I often pursue themes and ideas that straddle the border between cute and creepy.
Tiny disembodied fingers? CUTE! They're small!
Wisdom tooth jewelry?-CUTE! Um, tooth FAIRY!
Tentacles that glow in the dark?- CUTE! Things that glow are awesome!
Ok, maybe all three are creepy. 
I don't just do this because it matches my interests, I'd like to think it gives me a bit of distance from other etsy-iers. Most stores all carry the same crafts, or variations on things that made it to the front page. Why even bother making something if someone else does the same thing?
I really think that Christmas is my time to shine. I love making unusual ornaments. I hear from my customers that they really appreciate my take on the holiday. I'm gearing up early to bring back favorites, and some new things as well. I can't wait! I'll keep you posted as I go.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment