Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Review-Chili Cookoff

Why review new movies and tv shows when the classics are so much better? Does it really matter when you just DVR everything anyway? I'm going to review the things that I like when I like them, not when they come out and EVERYONE is talking about them. You want an up to the minute review of that new show? Look somewhere else. Looking for reviews of tried and true classics? Here you go.
 

I just got season 8 of the Simpsons on DVD. This is a great season, full of great moments and quotes, but the BEST EPISODE EVER of the Simpsons is the Chili Cook-off episode.
The real title is El Viaje Misterioso de Nuestro Jomer (The Mysterious Voyage of Homer), but I had no idea until I bought the dvd.
The episode centers around Homer eating the Guatemalan Insanity Pepper, he hallucinates, and then goes on a quest to find his soul mate. Johnny Cash plays the Space Coyote (sorry, talking dog).  
I don't know why I love this episode, but oh how I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment