Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Project! Sharpie Plate

The Modern Makers show is less than 2 weeks away, so I'm working up a storm to get ready. It isn't all about making product however, I'm working on display materials too. I created this custom display plate with nothing more than a dollar store plate and some sharpies.
It's a fairly common project online, but I hadn't done it  yet because I didn't know what to make. Customized dinnerware seems like such a good idea, until you have to come up with an idea....
What could possibly be better than celebrating Rachel O's fabulous whimsy? (nothing)
I was looking for something to keep those fabric buttons together. I think this will work well.
Notes: I baked the plate at 350 for 30 minutes, being sure to let it heat up and cool in the oven. I don't think that the ink will smudge with normal use, but I wouldn't call it permanent by any means. The test spots I put on the bottom were easily scrubbed off with a green scrubbie. I also saw something about the silver sharpie being poisonous. I don't know if that's true or what. I'm not ever eating of this anyway, so I'm cool with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment