Friday, January 9, 2015

Custom Jackalopes

Christmas comes at the end of my busiest time of year. After all the orders are shipped, I can take a moment to create gifts for the special people in my life. This year, I made a batch of super special jackalope for special people in my life. I scoured local craft stores for miniature supplies. If I needed help, I told them I was making a diorama for a friend. It seemed easier and less nuts. I've found that it's much easier to not explain myself at the craft store- saves time.
 Some ideas had to be scaled down, or changed. Try as I might, I just couldn't find super tiny versions of things I needed. My father in law loved his cowboy jackalope. I knew he had his heart set on a football player. I just couldn't find a tiny helmet. You can bet that I'll keep my eyes out for that though. The nieces got one each with bees and ladybugs. Was the baker an obvious attempt to tempt some more treats from a baker friend? You BET.
I'm in the studio today working on a restock order, but I'm dreaming of future jackalope.

No comments:

Post a Comment