Monday, May 9, 2016

It's Smokey out there

It was a weird weekend out there. On Saturday morning, Omaha was completely enveloped with smoke. You could barely see anything and it smelled like burning. Turns out the smokey air was from a fire... in Canada. 
This wasn't a great weekend for me. My eyes and throat still burn a little. I spent a big chunk of weekend hiding in the basement with the windows closed and the house fan on to cycle the air. 
The good news is that thanks to all the basement hiding, I finished this little painting. I love painting on the wood slices. I'm pretty particular about which ones I like so sometimes I have to visit a store a few times to get a slice that appeals to me. I have one left to paint on, and I'm going to give it some thought before I dive in.

No comments:

Post a Comment