Thursday, January 2, 2020

Happy New Year!

2020 is finally here! New year, new decade. 
I started my etsy shop in 2010, never thinking that it would open the door to being self employed. It was a fun hobby while I worked full time, and then went to grad school. 
In December 2012, after finally graduating and finding a job, my store just exploded. My narwhal ornaments were featured on etsy's front page (remember that?!), and my store just took off. I already had a few brick and mortar shops on board with my jewelry, so it wasn't a hard decision to jump into being self employed in 2013. 
These days, etsy isn't a major part of my business. I also use Amazon, and ebay to get my earrings in front of those all important online shoppers. The biggest shift has been to selling wholesale. I love being a part of the shop local movement and working with small independent shops. 
I'm excited to see what this new year brings. I have new designs in the works, and as always, lots of plans for new Rachel O's goodies. 

No comments:

Post a Comment